Tuesday, June 23, 2009

News

I'm sure everybody saw the news reports on the pilot who died mid-flight last week. The thing that surprised me the most was all the stories about how it was kept a secret. REALLY?? It was kept a secret until the plane landed? The know everything media seemed to be in an uproar over this so I thought I should play devils advocate and make the media happy by presenting the side they apparently think would have been more appropriate..... Ladies and gentleman this is your co-pilot speaking. I would humbly request that you all please stand and salute the body on top of the drink carts being pushed by the stewardesses to the back of the plane, as he was your pilot. He had well over 20 years with our airline and deserves your respect as he has probably carried you safely many times in the past. We can all be comforted in knowing he died doing something he loved. Please be sure and show your respect before we strap him into the cargo bay. As for who is flying the plane that would be me the co-pilot. Although I do not have half the experience the pilot did please rest assured as I have a lot of time in the simulator. As a matter of fact I am 6 out of 10 in landing safely. Although all of my simulator time was in a different aircraft I am thinking 60% is pretty damn good. On the plus side as soon as we can get the pilots cold stiff body off the drink carts all alcoholic beverages will be half price!!! Oh and finally you may want to pull your seat belts extra tight and say any prayers you may have because 60% really kinda sucks....... I think I would prefer the secret. As always let me know what you think and hit a sponsor on the way out as I guys gotta eat. Be back on Thursday!!!!!! P.S. Video # 4 in the video bar is a must see!!

No comments: