Tuesday, June 30, 2009

A Mans Castle

It is said that a mans home is his castle. Never is this more true than when his family is away and he has the whole house to himself. On Monday my wife and two teenage daughters went off to girls camp for the week and my 7 year old son went down to hang out with his grandpa and nana for a few days. This allowed me to come home last night to an empty house. AH the peacefulness. No girls going 90 miles an hour and needing rides everywhere. No dinner to cook, absolutely nothing needed from me. A big smile came to my face as I headed to my room to get comfortable. As I was looking for something comfortable to put on it occurred to me that hell I could just walk around naked!! Not wanting to frighten my neighbors who might glance thru my windows I opted for boxers instead but it was nice to know that should I choose to relax in the birthday suit I could. Next I thru everything fried and greasy that I had in the freezer into the oven, cracked a cool refreshing beverage and turned on the T.V.. Nothing but all the ESPN's, Speed Channel, NFL Network and what ever sports I can find. There will be no "Do we have to watch sports?" "When can we have the big screen?" "Can you please turn that down." My house, my T.V, my time. After gorging myself and enjoying a few more refreshing beverages I flopped down in the middle of my king sized bed and prepared to drift off. No getting kicked, no fighting for a small piece of the sheets, just me and all that room...........To be continued...More tomorrow and as always let me know what you think and hit a sponsor on the way out as a guys gotta eat.

No comments: