Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Was That A Carrot?

I was out enjoying some sunshine with my daughter the other day when I swear to you I thought the Vegitales had come to life. Walking toward me were two of the largest carrots I had ever seen. Now the fact that carrots were as large as these were, was frightening enough, but to have grown legs?? Some kind of radiation must have been set loose in the area. Where was the Army or National Guard? I very cautiously kept an eye on them as they approached. They seemed friendly enough for carrots. Laughing and smiling together, joking back and forth. Then it occured to me . They were not carrots but women. Oh the horror of it. What evil doctor could have done this to these lovely ladies. It had to be some sort of an experiment gone terribly wrong. As the pity started to fill my face I turned away. I did not want to embarrass them by staring. It couldn't have been there fault that they had been turned into freaks. Sad, really sad. Just then my daughter grabbed my arm and said, dad it is just a spray on tan. A what I asked? She explained that these ladies had basically been spray painted this color on purpose. Now in my mind I begin to picture a painting booth, people masking off the eyes, mouth etc. with tape in preparation for the paint. Then hear comes a guy with white coveralls and a respirator on and sprays her with primer. Lets it dry and then here comes the paint. If it was me I might have went with candy apple red over the orange they had chosen. Maybe even thrown in some pin striping. But to each there own. I mumbled something about getting a job at MACCO must have a helluva waiting list when my daughter said you get this done at tanning salons. I guess frying ourselves with intense light is just to slow in this want it now world, so we have turned to paint. It opens up a whole new marketing program. Paint, it does a body orange. Let me know what you think and hit a sponsor on the way out as a guys gotta eat.

No comments: