Monday, June 8, 2009

Todays Subject: Pride

Good Morning my friends!! Over the weekend I attended my 7 year old sons soccer match. I have missed about half of his games this year because of work (side note tommorrows subject unemployment). He played golie one quarter and held the other team scorless and also scored a goal in another quarter. Obviously I was walking around like a peacock in full bloom as my pride began to swell. The other dads nodded my way with their feathers tucked away hoping they too would be able to strut soon. But alas it was my day. Nathan was ruling the field. My wife says he always plays better when I am there. I informed her that of course he does as it is ingrained in his male PRIDE. She as usual just rolls her eyes and shakes her head at me wondering where I come up with things. Women always have and always will have trouble with our pride. It just doesnt make sense to them. They dont get how it can make us puff up and be so attractive one moment and then run naked through a shopping mall on a dare the next. Thats right ladies it is the same thing controlling both actions PRIDE. It will make us smile from ear to ear with tears in our eyes as we look at our familys and have those same tears in our eyes as we hang as many crawfish as possible by there claws from our nipples to get one more than the previous Joe. What can I say we are men. From time to time I hear things come out of peoples mouths like his pride got in the way or he needs to swallow his pride. First of all our pride is never in the way it leads the way. It is the voice that tells us we will take on the world every day and kick it's butt. As far as swollowing our pride you might as well tell us to swollow a 52 Buick whole. It just isnt going to happen. So ladies remember the next time you have to pick up your Joe from the police station for running thru that mall naked or put cream on his nipples due to claw marks, that smile on his face is just him taking PRIDE in a job well done. As always let me know what you think and hit a sponsor on the way out as a guys gotta eat.

1 comment:

Zach Masten said...

Very true our pride leads us through life, It brings out our true male tendencies. Great blog looking forward to reading more.