Thursday, June 11, 2009

Twilight

Is it just this Average Joe or do I have company in not understanding this Twilight thing?? I have a 14 year old daughter that is way beyond obsessed with this series. To me these vampires remind me of half the boys I see at the mall with there pants half way down there butts. You just want to go up behind them and jerk there underware up over the back of their heads. Absolutely no scare value at all. Back in the day when we all walked 10 miles to school thru the snow, with no shoes, uphill both ways, Vampires were supposed to be scary. Give you nightmares. Not make you want to move to the forests of Washington and look for your true love. Nobody wanted to move into Boris Karloff's neighborhood and play kissy face. Gary Oldman wasn't invited to any proms in his version of Dracula. Absolutely creepy and scary. But wait my daughter tells me, these are teenage vampires not adults. I respond with Lost Boys. If there were teenage vampires that is how they would act. Straight out frigging hellions. Once again no one who you would want to hang out with. Now I'll give you George Hamilton in Love At First Bite. Handsome tan man the ladies would want to hang with but even he had creepy little bug eating Artie Johnson to add the yuk factor. What are they going to do next to our favorite monsters?? Coming this fall,,, Wolfie the pour pouty faced clarinet player who just can't get a good haircut,,, Frankie Stien the troubled ballet dancer with two left feet (literally),,, Jason and Mike Myers in Therapy, We just want to be loved,,,. Give me a break. Don't mix our good and evil it upsets the balance of things. Our teenagers have enough mixed signals in life to deal with already. As always let me know what you think and hit a sponsor on the way out as a guys gotta eat. If you cannot comment here please e-mail comments to anaveragejoespeaks@yahoo.com. Also the video bar will update thru out the day with new videos.

2 comments:

Zach Masten said...

I agree with you, this show does send a confusing message to all teenage girls out there. Honestly there's so many mixed signals in the movie you don't even know whats going on half the time. That's why I will never watch it again. It's complete garbage IMO.

Taylor :D said...

Zach my brother Twilight is NOT I repeat NOT garbage!! and Im so not obsessed I just have a little problem that I will get over :D